Making quality content for the web is something everyone here at the Web Center is passionate about. We help our partners make sure their web pages follow the current best practices for content on the web. Most of these practices come from a single question: “What’s best for the person using the website?”
The Web Center follows a wide range of guidelines to produce content that works for our users. These guidelines come from a number of sources, including:
- Marketing and Communications style guidelines (login in to view this page)
- Page template guidelines
- Web design standards
- Mobile-responsive standards
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) for users with disabilities
- AP Style guidelines, which detail standard English writing practices
- Search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
These guidelines influence how the Web Center creates and edits content for the organization’s web pages. They also influence how we structure the pages and sites themselves. We may make minor or major adjustments to content to improve user experience.
Partner with Us
We strive to create a final product that fulfills the needs of our partners and the people they serve. To achieve this goal, we use a collaborative approach to content creation, encouraging input from our partners throughout the process.